At ShelterBox, we are impatient to create a world where no one is without shelter when disaster strikes. Together, we are making an impact and Rotary is a critical part of our movement.
We are proud to be project partners with Rotary International. By working together with Rotary we are able to collaborate and combine resources to ensure that we can support more communities in desperate need of shelter.
Rotary Club Champions are people who share our passion for ensuring no family is without shelter and share that message within their own Rotary club.
They act as the main point-of-contact between their Rotary club, and ShelterBox New Zealand.
This is a simple, yet extremely rewarding volunteer position open to any Rotarians.
As a Rotary Club Champion, you may do any (or all) of the following:
- Arrange presentations from the ShelterBox New Zealand team, or learn to deliver a club presentation yourself
- Make monthly announcements about ShelterBox during club meetings or events
- Arrange ShelterBox displays at club or community events
- Apply for funding to support ShelterBox
- Lead fundraising efforts within the club
- Stay informed about ShelterBox, our operations and deployments
We have lots of resources to support you in these efforts. Monthly email updates, containing key information, will be provided. You’ll also have the opportunity to participate in webinars or trainings should you choose.
Contact us for more information about the job, the time commitment, and the resources that are available to help. One of our Rotary Engagement Directors will be happy to answer any questions you have.